|Job Type||FullTime / Regular|
- The assistant controller helps in preparing and reporting the monthly financial statements of 2 companies, supervising the accounting staff and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department.
- They will be responsible for managing the month, quarter and year end close processes, and for ensuring the subsidiary accounts are reconciled to the general ledger.
- They are required to make analytical assumptions regarding the monthly financial statements and assist management with important business decisions by providing requested financial reports and analyzing financial information.
- Last, they will act as a liaison between the IT and accounting departments and improve the functionality of the accounting software and the current reporting tools.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise the accounting staff and manage team projects
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements
- Compile and analyze financial information and financial reports to help management make important business decisions
- Prepare complex account reconciliations and record related journal entries
- Develop and improve internal policies & procedures to prevent errors and maintain the highest level of integrity in the company’s financial results
- Manage the accurate and timely completion of the monthly, quarterly and year end close processes
- Prepare for the annual financial audit and help coordinate the audit process
- Assist in presenting the monthly financial reports to management and the executive committee and answering analytical questions regarding the financial information provided
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities and assist in special projects as needed
- Review and coordinate all payroll entries
- Review annual personal property and monthly sales tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Maintain the subsidiary ledgers and provide monthly reconciliations and adjustments
- Supervises accounting staff
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS in accounting or finance required
- 7 plus years of experience in public/private accounting
- Service or similar industry experience preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to present financial information to senior management in a logical and cohesive manner
- Working knowledge of departmental internal controls and generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- The ability to motivate and appropriately train staff, supervisory experience required
- Proficient knowledge and experience with accounting software applications
- Advanced knowledge of excel, including ability to create pivot tables and macros