|Job Type||FullTime / Regular|
|Minumum Salary||200000 USD|
|Maximum Salary||350000 USD|
Chief Financial Officer
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be a key business partner to the CEO and senior management team in the development and execution of the Company’s strategic and financial plans.
- The CFO will have primary responsibility for all financial activities and be tasked with building the core financial practices to meet the needs of expanding operations.
- Although the CFO’s primary responsibilities will encompass all financial elements of the organization, this individual’s general business acumen, team leadership, and performance management will be equally important in the successful execution of the CFO’s daily responsibilities.
- My client is seeking a leader who has the ability to integrate the finance function effectively into the Company’s operations, maintaining the strong financial infrastructure required to support continued rapid growth.
- This person will be an active member of the Company’s executive management team, contributing to financial operational and strategic decisions, and will be expected to demonstrate strategic leadership.
- Specifically, the CFO will play a key role in steering the organization through increasing operational complexity, as well as ensuring that the Company has a robust and scalable financial platform.
- In addition, the CFO will be responsible for partnering closely with the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- The CFO must also build strong relationships with current investors, external auditors, growth equity investors and private equity companies, investment banks, law firms, potential acquirers, and others.
- The ideal candidate for the position will have prior CFO experience in a large ($100 MM revenue +), high growth, entrepreneurial company and will have managed all aspects of the finance function.
- Prior experience in finance and accounting positions in larger organizations is also a plus, as is experience working closely with private investors.
- Run a highly effective finance and accounting organization with specific responsibility for driving the organization’s fiscal performance.
- These activities take place within a complex product/service offering matrix. Activities include oversight of the core accounting functions, financial planning and analysis, cash management, credit and collections, budget/annual plan preparation, and audit.
- As the Company expands, tax and treasury functions will become increasingly important and must be enhanced to meet operational needs.
- Drive performance management through the creation of key metrics/KPIs that provide a forward-looking view into trends requiring management decisions and actions; report quarterly at Board meetings, with the ability to create and present specific information to investors.
- Improve and systematize FP&A processes, as well as KPI and financial performance reporting against company targets and goals
- Lead the efforts to develop a long-term capital plan for the business, which may include additional rounds of funding, an initial public offering, and/or debt financing; articulate the company story to investors, potential investors, and Wall Street.
- Serve as primary interface to the audit committee of the Board of Directors; present financial and operational plans to the Board of Directors.
- Provide confidence and assurance to the Board regarding the Company’s operations through competence, integrity and professionalism.
- Develop and scale the company’s financial and operational infrastructure required to meet agreed performance goals and targets within established budgets and timescales.
- Automate processes and systems to achieve efficiency gains and quality improvements on a sequential basis.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team of managers and professionals; provide active mentoring as a cornerstone to career development.
- Attract, retain and promote individuals suited to operate in an entrepreneurial environment, requiring a willingness to “roll-up-the-sleeves”, but also capable of contributing at a strategic level as needed.
- Ensure relationships between departments are collaborative and constructive, supporting the development and execution of operating plans on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Strong academic credentials required; an MBA is strongly preferred and a CPA is also a plus
- The ability to strike a balance between managing the day-to-day finance function and influencing the strategic vision of the Company
- Financial and business acumen to negotiate key business contracts (The company’s customer base is comprised of large, global and sophisticated customers)
- Acute awareness of investor mindsets and ability to frame and drive value-maximizing outcomes
Personal Attributes and Values
- Self-confident, self-driven leader who will speak up, does not succumb to groupthink and is comfortable weighing in or articulating a contrary point of view in a collaborative setting.
- Embraces healthy conflict based on a foundation of trust in order to reach the best possible outcomes.
- Capable of handling difficult conversations, does not defer them unduly, and can teach others how to do the same.
- Self-aware, collaborative, and open to feedback without becoming defensive or taking things personally.
- Straightforward, no-nonsense style. Calm and level-headed under pressure.
- A great communicator who leads by example and inspires teams at all levels of the organization.
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards. What you see is what you get. Honest, straightforward and accustomed to aligning with peers on the SLT and preventing divisions from emerging between departments.