|Job Type||FullTime / Regular|
|Minumum Salary||100000 USD|
|Maximum Salary||115000 USD|
Director of Operations
- This position will Oversee (Purchasing – Warehouse – Manufacturing Managers )
- The position is responsible for managing and leading warehousing, , distribution, procurement, and logistics; continuous process improvement activities; and capital expenditure projects.
- This is a senior role which involves overseeing the operations of a diverse product portfolio and ensuring the organization is running as well as it possibly can, with a smooth efficient process that meets the expectations and needs of customers.
- Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
- Direct all material warehousing and order fulfillment activities with the goal of meeting world class service levels
- Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs.
- Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory
- Implement and manage efficient transportation & distribution practices
- Monitor all distribution services including receiving, delivery, processed returns and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements and DC goals are met
- Set up new locations or 3PL warehouses as needed
- Inventory & Materials Management
- Direct material handling operations and improve procedures
- Responsible for cost, quality, and availability of components and materials
- Proper management of all inventory assets including raw material, work-in-process, sub-contract, and finished goods
- Purchasing & Supplier Management
- Direct all procurement activities and lead the site procurement team with the goal of reducing material costs and meeting on-time material requirements
- Plans and implements activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control and quality control of both production and prototype materials, including subcontracted processes
- Engage actively in supplier performance management, measurement and KPI
- Forecasting & Planning
- Ensures coordination and fosters a strong working relationship between sales and operations to maintain a forecast and associated supply to meet customer demand
- Directs the team ensuring availability of materials in the supply chain, as required per production schedules and forecasts, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels
- Demand Forecasting: Guide supply/demand trends in order to strategically forecast future needs and maintain minimum acceptable inventory levels
- Capacity planning: Supervise all planning activities such as reviewing warehouse process flow, capacity planning, and productivity measurement tools.
- Direct and clearly communicate demand forecasting and warehouse requirements cross functionally with Sales, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, and Finance
- Freight and Logistics
- Actively manage inbound, outbound, and transfer freight spend to ensure competitive cost and service, from supplier selection and contracting through execution.
- Lead improvement projects such as shipment consolidation and mode optimization.
- Collaborate with other locations to ensure compliance with corporate freight programs.
- Develop and maintain metrics to quantify performance.
- Strategic Leadership – leading, coaching and developing a diverse group of exempt and non-exempt team members
- Developing and setting budgets/business plans and managing cost in meeting the organization’s goals and objectives
- Driving the assessment, implementation and execution of Lean Continuous Improvement Program.
- Responsible for developing and executing an integrated strategy, relating to the current and future needs of distribution
- Continuous Improvement – make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- Focus on production and delivery metrics and leading improvements
- Fostering collaboration with Process Engineering to identify the root cause of process issues and helping to implement the selected solution.
- Driving to the root cause of quality issues and working cross-functionally to propose and implement solutions
- Using strong analytical and operational experience to constantly seek out improvements in cost reduction, inventory reduction, standardized processes, and performance metrics
- Capital Expenditure Projects – serving as lead for facility capital projects, problem-solving closely with the Young leadership team to address new opportunities in a manner consistent with the company’s objectives
- Acting as the “owner” of the functional specifications for buildings, infrastructure and equipment, and evaluating the feasibility of any changes or options proposed
- Partnership/Support – work closely and continuously with the leaders in product development, account management/customer service, maintenance, engineering and regulatory affairs to problem-solve successful product introductions, sustainable compliance and effective production planning and scheduling
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or a related field
- At least 8 years’ of progressively responsible work experience in operations/supply chain/distribution
- At least three years of experience in a supervisory capacity
- Experience with warehouse acquisitions
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Demonstrated track record of driving financial performance in operational or strategic roles.
- Experience in managing multiple distribution locations required
- Experience in setting up and working with 3PL’s
- Thorough knowledge and previous successful application of Lean principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines.
- Ability to successfully train, motivate and direct the work of others, including the ability to develop team members and build a strong and effective organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Capable financial acumen