|Job Type||FullTime / Regular|
Director/VP of Finance
Based in Dallas, Texas Area,
Reporting to the CEO, President, and executive team helping assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy. The Director/VP of Finance will develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations. The Director/VP of Finance will engage the board audit committee around issues, trends, and changes in the financial results of the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Optimize the capabilities of the financial organization by assessing talent and coaching and mentoring where appropriate, and by developing the most effective team structure. Build a cohesive team that optimizes each individual’s strengths and interests in their daily work so that each team member is motivated to do well. Ensure that the team works well so that the team is regarded as valued partners with the rest of the business.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with all key stakeholders including the extended executive leadership team, the Board of Directors, auditors, regulators, outside counsel and others as appropriate.
- Apply technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with and efficient application of U.S. GAAP.
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, corporate overhead and restaurant performance.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems as needed.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Prepare and maintain regular internal and Board financial reports and presentations including weekly, monthly and quarterly performance.
- Complete analysis of financial results and develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., new franchise sale deals, asset acquisition, new product launches)
- Develop and maintain the company’s annual operating budget and updated forecasts
- Oversee all aspects of cash management and cash controls.
- Manage the company’s insurance program, including the employee benefits insurance.
- Manage the company’s real estate accounting consisting of leases and sub-leases with various landlords
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s retail sales, operations, and business plans.
- Oversee the Information Technology department and related system initiatives, including PCI compliance and appropriate cyber-security risk mitigation.
- Oversee the Human Resources, payroll processing, and employee benefits and related programs and initiatives.
- Oversee the sourcing and vendor management department and related initiatives.
- Oversee contracts management and related controls.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting
- Coordinate accurate filing of all tax returns and recording of deferred tax assets.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
- 10 years progressive experience in financial planning, reporting, and budgeting
- 7 years multi-unit retail or service oriented (restaurant) industry.
Other Criteria (Preferred)
- Franchise experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Franchise: 3 years (Preferred)
- financial planning, reporting and budgeting: 10 years (Required)
- multi-unit retail or service oriented (restaurant) industry: 7 years (Required