|Job Type||FullTime / Regular|
|Minumum Salary||200000 USD|
|Maximum Salary||280000 USD|
Advisory Business Practice Leader Private Equity Group
Work you’ll do
- You will have the opportunity to work on and drive a variety of different projects within my clients Advisory Business Practice , which may include
- Financial reporting valuations for business combinations (i.e., a client’s allocation of purchase price to assets and liabilities acquired), inclusive of enterprise values, intangible assets, legal entities, real estate, personal property and MACRS classifications.
- Valuation of goodwill and indefinite and long-lived asset impairment testing for financial reporting purposes.
- Valuation for tax purposes, including federal, state, local, international and personal tax, as well as services related to a client’s allocation of purchase price for tax purposes only.
- Consultative services to assist clients with their business plan development, strategic investment decisions, or other financial objectives
- Assist with other financial reporting valuations such as derivative securities, debt instruments, and Employee Stock Option Plans
- Valuations for regulatory and compliance purposes
- Working with PE firms in helping them develop strategy and investment options.
- Working across all industry sectors, from law firms to government agencies, you will bring deep experience in valuing, modeling and analyzing business interests and their underlying assets, including real estate, fixed assets, intellectual property and complex financial instruments.
- My client has a highly-specialized diverse approach connected with a deep understanding of our clients businesses and markets, which enables them to provide insights related to the full spectrum of business transactions from mergers and acquisitions to litigation and disputes.
This allows us to help our clients identify opportunities for growth and long-term advantage.
- 5+ years of business and intangible asset valuation consulting experience:
- In-depth understanding of generally accepted valuation approaches: cost, market and income approach
- Employment of various valuation methodologies such as discounted cash flow, guideline public company/ transaction, excess earnings, relief from royalty, with/without, comparative sales and replacement cost methods, capital asset pricing model, etc.
- Development of financial models to value common stock, business entities, and intangible assets
- Conducting in-depth client, economic, industry, and competitor research and statistical/ ratio analysis
- Preparation/ review of valuation reports, exhibits, letters, and other client deliverables
- Leadership role in project management and executing valuation engagements
- Participation in sales process such as responding to request for proposals and orals presentations
- Experience in business and strategic planning and managing client relationships
- Development of project plan outlining milestone dates to meet client deadlines
- Supervising, training/ developing staff on valuation and client requirements as well as assessing staff performance
- Management of project budgets and mitigating any potential project risks
- Ability to work independently and deliver client service work that exceeds client expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting or business
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong team building, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility for potential travel to client sites
- Fair Value experience
- Master’s degree in Finance
- ASA or CFA
How you’ll grow
- This position is designed to Develop and grow the Business Advisory Services practice with the idea that you will take over ownership of a portion of the organization.
- Collaborate on business and market development efforts including scoping prospective engagements, developing proposals, and developing executive level relationships
- Manage and deliver large, complex engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business.
- Coordinate relationship-building activities with Executives, Engagement Managers, subject-matter professionals and other personnel on engagement team(s) in an effort to help determine they are well advised on the company’s point of view and approach
- Provide leadership to client delivery teams and mentor junior staff
- Meet specific business relationship goals within assigned accounts as well as further individual/practice subject matter expertise through development of service offerings, thought leadership, and development of our people
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8+years experience in relevant experience in an Advisory Business Practice, project management, business development and associate training/development
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college/university;
- MBA or advanced degree from an accredited college/university is preferred
- Ability to convey how exceptional interpersonal skills have resulted in business relationships of trust, confidence and results
- Demonstrated leadership, client management, and project management skills
- Served in a leadership capacity within an advisory services firm, having both business and talent development responsibilities.